Hovione is an international company with over 55 years experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
Health, Safety and Environment Engineer
The Health, Safety and Environment Engineer will be responsible for providing Hovione Risk Management area a high level of Health, Safety and Environment compliance with regulatory and internal risk control requirements.
- Develop, foster and maintain HSE standards and goals through Hovione and/or project HSE programs, to heighten awareness and promote a safe and productive work environment;
- Manage and development of Incident Investigations (Environment, Safety and Occupational Health), with effective identification of the main cause, identify corrective/preventive actions and manage their implementation;
- Provide support to audits and assessments and also to new projects related with new products, new facilities constructions or layout changes of current facilities;
- Inspects, monitors, and evaluates HSE programs for compliance and effectiveness, regarding HSE matters;
- Implementation of HSE programs, including site specific safety plans, orientations, pre-mobilization risk sssessments to all levels of project staff to promote a balance between productivity and the safety of project staff in accordance with all applicable country/local/municipal laws and regulations;
- Leads studies of HAZOP and PHA , according to site production planning, and manage the implementation and development of the action planes defined in HAZOP's and PHA's;
- Reviews and develops the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP´s) associate with the Safety Processes/risk management.
- Health Degree in Engineering (preferably in Chemical Engineering);
- Certification in Health & Safety (CAP) – Level 5 or 6 (mandatory);
- At least 2 years of experience in the area;
- Proven knowledge of regulatory requirements - OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001;
- Good knowledge of Software User’s PHA-Pro or similar;
- Leadership skills, results driven, initiative, self-confidence, autonomy and attention to details;
- Good interpersonal skills and team spirit;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.