Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our New Jersey site:
Supply Chain Coordinator
The Supply Chain Coordinator will provide support to the procurement of materials and services for the NJ site, as well as the order processing and logistics tasks related to incoming and outgoing freight. If required, this function may also provide support to the Group Worldwide, to accomplish the company's objectives.
Negotiate conditions with suppliers according to the Purchasing Policy.
Liaison and communication with areas of the company directly related with Purchasing
Coordinate with suppliers directly based on company needs
Give approval to freight forwarder for importing on behalf of the company
Create Purchase Orders
Use SAP to ensure on-time management of all activities associated with acquiring and delivering supplies to the end users
Set up new clients in SAP. Convert opportunities to orders in CRM.
Prepare sales orders and invoicing to clients
Follow-up the delivery of orders to customers, including custom clearance
Ensure archive of all imports related documents;
Associate’s degree or some college work, BS/BA preferred. A minimum of three years’ experience in purchasing department ideally in chemicals.
Previous experience in supply chain roles (sourcing, procurement, logistics or supplier development) preferred.
Fluent in English and able to communicate at all levels
Experience in manufacturing/industrial organization
Global view of the company, good knowledge of the market culture and ability to speak the market language.
Experience with SAP/CRM
Knowledge of internet software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional and pleasant personality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Flexible, autonomous and able to take ownership
- Results driven and team player
- Capable to work under pressure in simultaneous projects;
- Organized, accurate and responsible
- Good analytical and negotiation skills
- Analytically minded and able to problem solve
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the job function and candidate’s relevant experience.
- Great work environment, with a strong focus on quality and execution of top class science in state of the art equipment.