Hovione is an international company with over 55 years experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
The Production Engineer will be responsible for the management of all Process and/or Production works/projects on site.
- To ensure the execution of the Production Plan (timelines, yields, costs, etc.);
- Coordinate and supervise the products and production Teams within his area of responsibility;
- Provide technical support to the production lines in order to fulfill the established objectives;
- Study and propose measures in order to optimize the manufacturing processes, contributing to the continuous improvement, productivity, efficiency and costs reduction;
- Perform all the assigned tasks associated with the production batches documentation;
- Supervise the working conditions of the installations and equipment;
- Ensure that all staff is well trained to perform the work for which they are assigned to.
- MSc in Chemical Engineering;
- Good capacity for the planning, execution and coordination of all Production activities;
- Strong practical skills and the ability to solve problems;
- Result driven, team player, able to deal with multiple projects/tasks;
- Knows how to overcome problems with staff;
- Good sense of management and leadership;
- High sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Passion for science and innovation;
- Fluency in English;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Creativity, organization and discipline.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.