Hovione is an international company with over 55 years experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
Pilot Plant Scientist
The Pilot Plant Scientist will be responsible for lead the Informal Technology Transfer for processes under development inside the R&D department.
- Lead and coordinate multiple projects making use of state-of-the-art tools and methodologies to ensure the achievement of the established objectives;
- Oversee the entire Transfer processes and lead the Tech Transfer Meetings;
- Evaluate equipment capacity and limitations, and optimize scale-dependent conditions;
- Interface with other departments in order to upgrade the installations whenever necessary;
- Improve the success rate during the transfer of Chemical Synthesis processes;
- Comply with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HSEE directives;
- Keep updated of relevant occurrences and trends that impact the business.
- University degree in the field of Engineering, Science or Pharmacy, preferable in Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or Pharmaceutical Technology;
- Preferably a PhD degree in the fields above, with more than 3 years of experience in Industry or as Researcher / Post-Doc in Academia;
- Fluent use of English (written and spoken);
- Result-driven, able to deal with multiple tasks;
- Capable of taking short notice decisions with incomplete datasets and operating under pressure;
- Analytically minded with good problem solving skills.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.