Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
Fixed Asset Accountant (M/F)
This person will be responsible for recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Monitor the system of controls and procedures, for the recording of fixed assets, recommending to Management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets;
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system;
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts, and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed;
- Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the summary-level account in the general ledger;
- Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets;
- Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets and accumulated depreciation and investigate the potential obsolescence of fixed assets;
- Conduct periodic physical inventory counts of fixed assets and recommend to management whether fixed assets should be disposed of;
- Conduct analyses related to fixed assets as requested by management;
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist the auditors in their inquiries;
- Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorizations;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or similar;
- More than 3 years of relevant business experience (fixed asset experience preferred);
- Strong understanding of International and National Accounting Standards;
- Knowledge of Investment Management System (preferred);
- High level of proficiency in Excel to perform spreadsheet and financial analysis;
- Knowledge of SAP (preferred);
- Good command of English (written and spoken);
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office), including Excel;
- Highly effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.