Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
PAT Specialist (M/F)
The PAT Specialist will develop and implement analytical methods and tools to increase knowledge, and monitor and control of manufacturing processes from their development in R&D to commercial,working in multidisciplinary teams. Will also promote the Company internationally through presentations at international conferences and to customers.
- University degree in Engineering or Chemistry related (preferably Chemical Engineering);
- Preferably 2 years of experience in industrial operational areas;
- Structured and analytical thinking, and strong numerical and data analysis skills;
- Knowledge on the PAT tools and approach;
- Good communication and reporting skills (good English level);
- Availability to travel abroad to support all manufacturing sites;
- Good human relationship; Teamwork ability;
- Knowledge in Statistical Process Control will be valued;
- Knowledge of GMP will be valued;
- Operational Excellence, Lean and 6 Sigma know-how will be valued.
- Strong collaboration with R&D teams in order to increase process understanding;
- Strong collaboration with commercial manufacturing teams in order to increase process control and process cost reduction;
- Perform process data analysis in order to identify process improvement opportunities;
- Test new analytical technologies and extend areas of application of existing ones;
- Support operational teams on successful implementation of methodologies and tools, promoting appropriate training and providing technical coaching in daily application, guaranteeing that tools are being properly used in all areas and in all sites;
- Be an active technical representative in scientific external events, enhancing a recognized awareness of Hovione’s technical skills in the industry;
- Promote strategic liaison with specific external providers (industrial, academia, associations and regulators).
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.