Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
Technologies and Process Safety Scientist (M/F)
The Technologies and Process Safety Scientist will be responsible to conduct the most complex safety tests, at the Safety Laboratory, of chemical processes and prepare safety reports with recommendations including changes in the processes to conduct safely the processes in the manufacturing plants at all Hovione sites. Will be also responsible to guarantee that all project related tasks distributed to the area are performed within the timeframe defined and according to the scope defined.
- Assure that processes carried out in Hovione sites are safe, supporting R&D, Manufacturing and clients with scientific studies and advise;
- Plan and coordinate Process Safety laboratory studies to support risk evaluation;
- Conduct studies using modelling software for batch reactor mixing performance, to support scale-up and technology transfer operations;
- Issue reports with observations and recommendations for the different company teams;
- Support the development of new technologies to improve the company efficiency and operation safety;
- Participate in technical and risk assessment meetings.
- An academic degree (Chemistry or Chemical Engineering);
- Preferably industrial or laboratorial experience;
- Experience in fields such as reaction calorimetry, differential thermal analysis, static electricity mechanisms, HAZOP and risk assessment methodologies, will be highly appreciated;
- Organizational and good Planning skills;
- Active listening, Assertiveness and ability to deal with pressure;
- Self-confidence, Team spirit and motivation to new challenges.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.