Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our international IT team we are looking to fill the following position at our Ireland site:
Site IT Lead & Systems Administration (M/F)
The Site it Lead & Systems Administration will be responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining applications, communications and
operating systems, as well as ensuring a high level of performance availability, system optimization, and security. Will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning, maintenance and end user support are consistent with company global compliance standards, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with all global IT governance, standards and policies;
- Maintain local IT infrastructure performance by monitoring, analyzing, tuning and troubleshooting hardware, software, networks and operating systems;
- Plan, propose and execute the selection, installation, configuration and testing of all IT infrastructure components on site;
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, escalate within the Global IT organization when appropriate, and solve IT infrastructure problems;
- Propose and manage global systems’ updates and upgrades in order to keep the company worldwide IT infrastructure updated with current technology status;
- Participate in, and support, capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for the IT infrastructure, in cooperation with end users, department managers and the global Infrastructure team;
- Involved in the development of ongoing re-capitalization plan for IT hardware and infrastructure;
- Define the technical skills that are necessary in his/her team to ensure backup in case of absence and ensure the continuous training to meet the objectives of competence, safety and quality of the area;
- Manage the global WIFI network with input from local sites;
- Manage the local IT infrastructure inventory;
- Manage local backups;
- Propose disaster recovery policies, procedures and execute actual disaster recovery situations and test scenarios;
- Propose and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure systems’ security through secure system access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations;
- Active member of Site Data Integrity Committee to ensure contemporary solutions are being provided by the systems and appropriate policies and procedure are in place;
- Propose system and operational policies and procedures;
- Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets and monitoring expenses.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.