Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
Lean Technical Expert (M/F)
This person will be responsible to lead and support improvement projects based on Lean Production and the most common tools associated (5S, VSM, Cycle-time analysis, Visual Management and SMED).
- Support Lean improvement projects and ensure sustainability, with different
- Work with different departments within the Organization and identify improvement opportunities/projects;
- Support operational teams on successful implementation of Lean tools, promoting appropriate training and providing technical coaching in daily application;
- Establish and monitor transversal KPIs;
- Perform Risk assessment and troubleshooting exercises;
- Develop and/or adapt new tools and methodologies within Lean culture.
- University degree in the field of Engineering, preferable in Industrial Management, Mechanical or Chemical;
- Experience (Preferably 2 years) in development and implementation of improvement projects based on Lean /kaizen;
- Knowledge on Lean tools: 5S, VSM, Visual Management, Cycle-time analysis,
- SMED and OEE;
- Knowledge in Lean 6Sigma and Statistical Process Control will be valued;
- Knowledge of GMP will be valued;
- Fluent English, both written and oral;
- Good communication skills;
- Structured thinking with good problem solving and analytical skills;
- Teamwork ability and good human relationship;
- Availability to travel abroad to support all manufacturing sites.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.