Join a Market Leader
Hovione is a 60
years Portuguese multinational company. From the beginning, we have set
ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive
capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated contract
development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) offering from drug substance
to drug product intermediate to drug product.
Hovione recognizes that people are the main asset for
the company’s continued success, reaching over 1900 team members, from 35 different nationalities located in Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, Hong Kong,
Japan, India, and Switzerland, including 4 production sites.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and
excellence in everything we do: for our clients, our partners and, above all,
Head of Industrial Engineering
The Head of Industrial Engineering will be responsible to maintain all operation of maintenance activities, to provide a reliable network in engineering related works, including installation and maintenance work and also to implement appropriate engineering strategic plans and policies and at the same time to obtain, in a continuous way, gains of productivity, efficiency and costs reduction as well as in compliance with the GMP and Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) guidelines.
You will be responsible for:
- To guarantee the execution of the preventive maintenance plan on
production equipment, such as Reactors, Centrifuges, Dryers etc.;
provide the necessary support to maintain the functionality of all
production and utilities equipment; To prepare, control and correct
- To optimize external contract costs, including outsourcing activities that could generate high costs of maintenance;
- To optimize spare part inventories, resizing stocks based on breakdowns historical data;
- To establish action plans to continuously improve maintenance performance;
- To observe and respect national legislation;
- To propose and implement ideas that can increase productivity and/or decrease cost;
- To provide technical support to maintain or improve engineering related area;
- To provide necessary knowledge on how to operate new installation.
We are looking to recruit:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- A minimum of seven years working experience in machinery maintenance with supervisory experience;
- Good knowledge of cGMP requirements with respect to maintenance activities;
- Knowledge of cGMP and safety standards applicable to a pharmaceutical industry;
- Fluent in both written, spoken English and Chinese;
- Familiar with MS-Office in English and Chinese;
- Knowledge of current development in the related fields /areas Able to work under pressure & tight schedule;
- Good communication skill;
- Leadership ability and Teamwork capacity.
Hovione is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer
Inclusion and diversity are key to
us. At Hovione, that means a work environment where differences are valued, and
everyone is treated with fairness and respect. We want all our team members
worldwide to feel supported, respected, and have the opportunity to achieve
their full potential, regardless of their age, gender, religion, disability,
sexual orientation or ethnicity.