Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
Associate Electrical Engineer (M/F)
The Associate Electrical Engineer will be responsible for engineering services for new or existing installation within Hovione Group. Is also responsible for the Design of new/modified installations, budget, plan and execute Instrumentation and Electric installations in compliance with all the regulation applicable and with sustainable solutions in every aspects. This person will also review of existent systems in terms of regulation compliance and energetic efficiency.
- Elaborate and keep updated P&IDs, Control and Electrical diagrams, technical specifications;
- Perform detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction, and installation standards and specifications;
- Issue tender documents and its related lists for procurement and execute offers evaluation;
- Project management – small/ medium size projects;
- Take part in Project team process assessment;
- To follow and to solve technical issues during assembly and comissining;
- Inspect installations and observe operations to ensure compliance with design, equipment specifications and safety standards;
- Support and supervise construction, qualification and commissioning of installations;
- Completes projects by training and guiding technicians;
- Calculation of utilities consumption;
- Create/Update electrical engineering standards.
- University degree (Electrical; Electrotechnical or Instrumentation Engineer). Other degrees can be considered, depending of the past experience of the candidate;
- Knowledgeable in GMP Guidelines, ATEX regulation, Portuguese/European Electrical Regulation and Guide lines;
- Knowledge in Project management;
- English proficiency;
- Be assertive, use common sense and be business oriented;
- Ability to stand and to discuss technical aspects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.