Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
IT Business Intelligence and Bigdata Developer (M/F)
As an IT Business Intelligence and Bigdata Developer you will be responsible for developing and implementing business intelligence applications, within project timelines and meeting Hovione quality and documentation standards, namely by designing and implementing a Data Warehouse and delivering Business Intelligence applications, that meet the demand for actionable information which the organization can use to improve the way it conducts its operations and the way it takes strategic decisions. You will leverage your problem solving skills to address complex business problems, proactively resolving or escalating these when appropriate.
You will also be required to deliver quality documentation supporting the development process of Business Intelligence applications, and to participate in application testing. Maintaining and developing your own knowledge within the data warehouse, business intelligence and bigdata domain is also paramount,while, simultaneously, supporting colleagues with your solid expertise.
- Full stack (from ETL to Dashboard delivery) Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Application Development, with a variety of
- Work closely with the business to identify requirements, align key performance indicators, and work proactively towards
conformed dimensions and conformed facts;
- Comply with all global IT governance, standards and policies.
- Education in IT related fields (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Information Systems) or equivalent work experience;
- Job experience within multiple technology or business domains is preferable;
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a Business Intelligence developer, having working experience both in the construction of a Data Warehouse and of Business Intelligence applications;
- Experience in SQL Server Dimensional Modelling (star schemas), practical knowledge of Microsoft Integration Services, Analysis Services and Reporting Services (optional);
- Experience with presentation layer tools and dashboard design (Qlikview is a plus, but experience with other technologies will also be accepted);
- The ideal candidate will also have practical knowledge of new trends on the business intelligence world, namely to bring on board
technical expertise in the fields of Big Data (Hadoop, ELT for Data Lakes, ETL, Map Reduce, etc.);
- Self-starter, results-oriented and have a track record of timely, high quality deliverables;
- Customer focus skills and ability to work in a global environment;Good English verbal & written communications skills;
- Nice to have skills: knowledge of Scrum methodology.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching experience;
- A recognized career within an industrial environment;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality and rigorous problem solving