Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
Project Manager Director (M/F)
As the Project Manager Director you will be responsible to ensure that the principles defined by industry standard methodologies such as PMBOK by PMI ® are being implemented across all the PM team, in order to maximize customer service and satisfaction.
You will also be responsible for leading and developing a talented team of Project Managers and help enhance their performance by promoting collaboration and innovation.
- Provide leadership in defining project approach: goals, scope, tasks planning, including clarity on critical path tasks. Will also be accountable to understand and communicate overall projects dependencies and constrains.
- Direct strategy, risk, issue and other supporting plans for the programs, ensuring all plans remain on track, proactively identifying resourcing, trade-off analysis, etc.
- Help ensure projects delivery alignment with the business needs and budgets.
- Lead and develop the Project Managers team;
- Develop knowledge related to Project Manager methodologies, tools and techniques;
- Ensure proactive and transparent communication internally and with the client.
- University degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent degree in a
- At least 5 years of experience in a scientific area within Hovione / Industry, such as process development and optimization, engineering, production, analytical chemistry or quality assurance;
- At least 5 years of management experience;
- At least 5 years of Project Management experience or Project Management training and 3 years of experience as Project Manager.
- Direction of at least 5 different Projects, including all stages from development to validation;
- Analytical mind set and ability to work in a fast paced, results–oriented environment;
- Strong leadership and team management skills, including the ability to motivate and coach others within the work group;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate with both the business and technical audiences.
- Written and oral English (Advanced English level is a must);
- Accuracy and responsibility;
- Critical spirit, creative personality, initiative and dynamism;
- Self-confidence, independent and strong organizational skills;
- Motivation for new challenges.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.