Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
Hovione is making a definite move into Continuous Manufacturing with a state-of-the-art facility in New Jersey and is now hiring. We are looking for strong professionals for this exciting and innovative project.
We are recruiting for the following position at our U.S. site located in East Windsor, NJ:
The Process Technician will support the installation and qualification of a GMP continuous tablet manufacturing line, highly automated, with Process Analytical Technology enabled control. This position will also support the development and manufacturing activities for drug product and formulation development projects.
- Work in a GMP environment area, executing chemical and physical operations following approved written instructions and in accordance with cGMPs and EHS regulations. Clean/verify proper cleaning of equipment and production areas according with cGMPs. Adhere to the necessary gowning requirements and in alignment with the various room classifications. Ensure that performed activities are recorded in applicable documentation.
- Capable of operating mechanical equipment including but not restricted to forklift type equipment. Ability to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks (i.e., lifting and carrying up to 40 lb.).
- Participate in troubleshooting systems and equipment and suggest the appropriate actions as applicable.
- Attend planned training (e.g. GMP, core competences and EHS). Maintain an open communication with other employees and management concerning EHS topics, including documentation of incidents/events and/or any issues.
- Participate in EHS monthly meetings, hazardous waste management and in Process Hazards Analysis and/or other risk assessment evaluations regarding operations that will be performed by the employee to ensure his/her health and safety.
- Assist in the development of lesser-experienced staff (provides on the job training and guidance).
- A minimum of a high school diploma. Preferentially, at least 3 years of formal knowledge or experience with process systems utilized in fine chemicals/pharmaceutical operations.
- Ability to work in shifts
- Able to perform tasks in different areas and deliver results.
- Positive attitude towards new activities and technologies within the chemicals/pharmaceutical operations.
- Exciting full time opportunity in a growing Company, using continuous manufacturing technology under a Quality by Design approach in an innovative setting.
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the job function and candidate’s relevant experience.
- Great work environment, with a strong focus on quality and execution of top class science in state of the art equipment.