Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
Hovione is making a definite move into Continuous Manufacturing with a state-of-the-art facility in New Jersey and is now hiring. We are looking for strong professionals for this exciting and innovative project.
We are recruiting for the following position at our U.S. site located in East Windsor, NJ:
Senior Facilities Engineer
The Senior Facilities Engineer will lead maintenance efforts for all process and facility related activities using both in-house and contracted resources.
- Keep all facility systems (process, process-support and utility systems) operational and maintained while striving to optimize expenditures with minimum downtime.
- Ensure that all facility-related activities are carried out in compliance with all Federal, State and Local requirements as well as all internal policies and procedures.
- Be a role-model and active participant in the Hovione Team to address maintenance, engineering, qualification and safety objectives with a high level of confidence.
- Establish objectives and evaluate performance of the Mechanical Technicians.
- Maintain key performance indicators for facility-related safety incidents/recordables, maintenance spending and utility usage/spending.
- Maintain the GMP process equipment/automation, process-support, utility equipment and building automation systems in a consistent validated state.
- Maintain SAP Plant Maintenance, Preventive Maintenance and Instrumentation Calibration Programs for all GMP and non-GMP equipment systems that include the internal and external (3rd party) scheduling, supervision and 3rd party contract review.
- Source and procure parts, indirect materials and services for the maintenance and improvement of the process, process-support, utility equipment systems.
- Write new and/or revise and execute new facility related internal procedures and equipment qualification protocols.
- Participate during new process development and HAZOP by assisting the Process Engineers.
- Actively assist during internal, customer and regulatory audit reviews.
- A minimum of a BS in Engineering and a minimum of 5 years of industrial experience in either a chemical or pharmaceutical facility managing and executing all aspects of the facility maintenance, project engineering, equipment qualification and purchasing programs.
- Must have a basic understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs)
- Able to perform tasks in different areas and deliver results.
- Positive attitude towards new activities and technologies within the chemicals/pharmaceutical operations.
- Exciting full time opportunity in a growing Company, using continuous manufacturing technology under a Quality by Design approach in an innovative setting.
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the job function and candidate’s relevant experience.
- Great work environment, with a strong focus on quality and execution of top class science in state of the art equipment.