Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
Hovione is making a definite move into Continuous Manufacturing with a state-of-the-art facility in New Jersey and is now hiring. We are looking for strong professionals for this exciting and innovative project.
We are recruiting for the following position at our U.S. site located in East Windsor, NJ:
The Maintenance Technician will support the maintenance efforts for all process and facility related activities.
- Ensure participation in all necessary EHS training and EHS monthly meetings.
- Maintain an open communication with other employees and management concerning EHS topics, including documentation of incidents and/or issues.
- Analyze hazard assessment carried out by EHS before work on a project takes place to ensure his/her health and safety.
- Troubleshoot problems in the events of mechanical failure of equipment and be able to recommend parts needed for the effective repair of the same.
- Responsible for the operation and/or general maintenance of all equipment and components that support the utilities and environmental requirements of the facility.
- Perform periodic or special inspection of premises to determine repair work necessary.
- May work from rough sketches and drawings.
- Operate mechanical equipment including but not restricted to forklift type equipment.
- Perform routine equipment repair and installation of office fixtures.
- Ability to perform moderately strenuous physical tasks (i.e., lifting and carrying 40 lbs.).
- Assist in developing and updating lists of spare parts for equipment.
- A minimum of a high school diploma. Preferentially, at least 5 years of formal knowledge or experience with mechanical systems utilized in fine chemicals/pharmaceutical operations.
- Ability to work in shifts
- Possesses a journeyman level technical knowledge of multiple trades within a cGMP environment.
- Able to perform tasks in different areas and deliver results.
- Positive attitude towards new activities and technologies within the chemicals/pharmaceutical operations.
- Exciting full time opportunity in a growing Company, using continuous manufacturing technology under a Quality by Design approach in an innovative setting.
- Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with the job function and candidate’s relevant experience.
- Great work environment, with a strong focus on quality and execution of top class science in state of the art equipment.