Hovione is an international company with over 55 years experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
This position is for a temporary project of six months and during this period the Project Management will be responsible to perform project management according to the principles defined by industry standard methodologies such as PMI® PMBOK. Will also contribute, within Process Chemistry Development Project Management, to maintain standards of excellence in Hovione project execution and management for all Customers, and to implement best practices, standardized approaches and process simplification related with Project execution and management.
- Successfully deliver the project objectives through a structured approach that includes the following process groups: Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring and Controlling and Closing.
- Ensure that project scope, milestones, deliverables and customer expectations are clear for all team members, by clarifying roles and responsibilities and enabling good use of individual technical and management skills.
- Ensure proactive and transparent communication internally and with the Customer.
- Keep up-to-date and Implement the Project Management best practices and standard methodologies defined by the industry.
- Ensure motivation of the project team. Measure project team performance and support collecting feedback from customers.
- Control the scope of the Work Orders in place and ensure that any out of scope work is duly addressed.
- Run a risk – impact analysis of project resources and inform planning and purchasing.
- Contribute to budgeting activities.
- Evaluate all deviations and propose improvement plans/actions and measure activity performance against the baseline plans.
- Run After -Action Reviews after project completion or at key intermediate stages.
- Capture, document and share the lessons learned. Ensure ways of working reflect lessons learned.
- Support definition of invoice schedule in CRM and request invoices in CRM according to the Payment schedule defined in the contracts with Customers.
- University degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent degree in a scientific area;
- At least 2 years of experience in a scientific area within Industry, such as process development and optimization, engineering, production, analytical chemistry or quality assurance;
- At least 2 years within project teams or Project Management training and 1 year of experience as a Project Manager;
- Fluent English, both written and oral (Advanced English level is a must);
- Analytical mind set and ability to make decisions under pressure;
- Strong leadership and team management skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Accuracy and responsibility;
- Critical spirit, creative personality, initiative and dynamism;
- Self-confidence, independent and organizational skills;
- Willingness to attend Project Management Training.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.