Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
Business Development Manager, Exclusives & Particle Engineering (M/F)
The Business Development Manager, Exclusives & Particle Design will be responsible for prospecting new clients & projects by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from prospective customers. This person will also be responsible for support setting & evolving the business development strategy by gathering and communicating market intelligence, to ensure an optimal profitability and fit of Hovione´s service portfolio with market/customer demand.
- Pro-actively prospecting for new customers and projects using all available means, including existing networks, trade shows,
introductions, LinkedIn, etc.;
- Re-actively following up on enquiries for our services received directly or through, for example, Hovione´s website;
- Preparing and issuing bids against business opportunities identified with prospective customers;
- Developing, maintaining and improving, as applicable, relationships with key contacts and decision makers at those prospective customers;
- Optimizing the relationship with prospective clients through both strategic and tactical means to ensure visibility of project opportunities as and when they arise;
- Developing, issuing and monitoring Targeting plans for the assigned territory;
- Preparing meeting reports and monthly sales highlight reports as required;
- Participating in negotiations of CDAs, Master Service Agreements and Commercial Supply Agreements for those prospective accounts in close collaboration with the Senior Director, Commercial Services;
- Attending key Trade Shows as applicable: CPhI, Informex, AAPS and DCAT;
- Supporting the rolling forecast by keeping CRM properly up-to-date for all opportunities with prospective customers according to the agreed guidelines, to ensure accurate forecasting for Hovione on a continuous basis;
- In selected cases: working with Line and Senior Management to develop competitiveness mitigation strategies, which include but
are not limited to investigating collaboration agreements, partnering approaches and other potential in-licensing deals;
- Ensuring the highest possible ethical standards are followed.
- Life sciences degree BSc. MSc; PhD (Chemistry, Pharmacy, Biology) preferred but not required;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry and preferably at least 5 of those years in a sales role;
- Solid sales, business development and/or account management experience within the pharma-chemical industry (C(D)MO preferred);
- Well-established commercial acumen and business judgment;
- Advanced understanding of, business development, marketing and sales; Knowledge of (key) account management and advantage;
- Advanced understanding of new product development and registration in the Pharmaceutical industry;
- Ability to perform analysis of prospective customers and opportunities, both financially and in terms of fit with Hovione´s business;
- Fluency in English (reading, spoken and written);
- Fluency in other language(s) an advantage;
- Availability and willingness to travel 40-70% of the time;
- Legal acumen;
- Self-motivating and able to work autonomously;
- Team player and networker;
- Accurate and organized.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.