Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
Modeling and Simulation Expert (M/F)
This opening refers to a position as a Modeling and Simulation Expert in the Knowledge Management group, within R&D organization of Hovione. The Modeling and Simulation Expert will be involved in internal projects related to data analysis, data visualization and mathematical modeling with the aim of providing the organization with tools to support decision-making processes. The Modeling and Simulation Expert will be in continuous interaction with other areas within Hovione, to extract insights from raw data, automate knowledge
work and help defining data-driven performance indicators. The Modeling and Simulation Expert will also continuously promote Knowledge Management initiatives within the company, while keeping up to date with the latest developments in such field.
Furthermore, the Modeling and Simulation Expert will promote the company internationally through presentations at international conferences and to customers, and through patents and written articles.
- Develop new data analysis tools, and methodologies to increase the company efficiency;
- Develop mathematical models to monitor and forecast important metrics to the company Support existing Knowledge Management initiatives and tools;
- Provide support to the other groups within the company;
- Communicate results to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- University degree in Engineering or Science;
- Advanced degree preferred, with proven experience in Industry or R&D institutions;
- Experience with high-level programming languages (eg. R, Python, MATLAB or similar)Acquainted with data mining and basic statistical concepts;
- Structured and analytical thinking, and strong numerical skills;
- Ability to work autonomously, to take responsibilities, and to learn;
- Results driven, team player, able to deal with multiple projects/tasks;
- Good communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation;
- Fluency in English.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.