Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
Intelligent Systems Specialist (M/F)
The Intelligent Systems Specialist will be involved in internal projects related to the development of mathematical models, optimization tools and automation solutions for quality control tasks with the aim of providing the organization with technological solutions to increase the efficiency of the Quality Control Area. Also, will be in continuous interaction with other areas within Hovione, to perform process-mapping activities, extract insights from raw data, develop optimization algorithms, define and develop automation solutions. Furthermore, the Intelligent Systems Specialist will participate in investigation projects and promote the company internationally through presentations at international conferences and to customers, and through patents and written articles.
- Develop, improve, implement and support existing and new tools related to analytical management;Develop new data integration and visualization tools, and methodologies to increase the company efficiency;
- Develop mathematical models to manage and optimize shop floor operations;
- Present solutions to automate quality control tasks;
- Provide support to the other groups within the company;
- Communicate results to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- University degree in Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer or Management Engineer;
- Knowledge in high-level programming languages (eg. R, Matlab, Python or similar);
- Acquainted with machine learning and automation/robotics concepts;
- Structured and analytical thinking, and strong numerical skills;
- Ability to work autonomously, to take responsibilities, and to learn;
- Result driven, team player, able to deal with multiple projects/tasks;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in English.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.