Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
HSE Technical Expert (M/F)
The HSE Technical Expert will support the Hovione’s compliance with the Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) applicable requirements, promoting the continuous improvement of the HSE culture and management system in the company.
- Promote the importance of a continuous improvement culture, mitigating any tendency for complexity;
- Support HSE Compliance and the harmonization of procedures in the company;
- Support the preparation of HSE regulatory information (e.g. REACH, GHS/CLP);
- Manage and support the preparation of safety data sheets in the company;
- Update and keep updated the HSE information on IT systems.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent scientific area;
- Professional Certification on Occupational Health and Safety (CAP) – level VI;
- Good spoken and written English (FCE or equivalent);
- Good knowledge and ability with IT systems;
- Analytical skills, procedure writing skills, good communication skills, trainer skills, proactive
- Accuracy and responsibility;
- Team working and multi-cultural approach ability;
- Self-confidence, independence and good capacity of organization.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.