Hovione is an international company with over 55 years experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
Drug Product Development Scientist (M/F)
The Scientists will provide technical leadership and coordination of multiple projects in product development, scaleup and transfer of particle engineering and pharmaceutical formulation processes, while ensuring optimal execution, customer satisfaction and achieving agreed objectives. They will also continuously promote innovation and knowledge development within the company keeping up to date with the latest developments in Particle Design/Engineering, Process and Formulation Development. Furthermore they will promote the company internationally through presentations at international conferences and to customers, and through patents and written articles.
- Lead and coordinate multiple projects making use of state-of-the-art tools and methodologies to ensure the achievement of the established objectives;
- Plan and monitor execution of development campaigns within Drug Product Development Group - DPD;
- Prepare all the documentation processes and campaign reports;
- Develop new tools and methodologies for process and pharmaceutical formulation development and scale-up;
- Provide scientific and technical support for key stakeholders within the company;
- Comply with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HSEE directives;
- Keep updated of relevant occurrences and trends that impact the business.
- PhD degree in the field of Engineering, Science or Pharmacy, preferable in Chemical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or Pharmaceutical Technology;
- Demonstrated expertise in process modelling and simulation is an advantage;
- Relevant work experience in pharmaceutical product development with a focus on the preparation of novel oral dosage forms for poorly water soluble compounds is an advantage;
- Fluent use of English (written and spoken);
- Result-driven, able to deal with multiple tasks;
- Capable of taking short notice decisions with incomplete datasets and operating under pressure;
- Analytically minded with good problem solving skills.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.