Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
The Associate Buyer will organize and support the sourcing and procurement of materials and services for the Group Worldwide, to accomplish the company’s objectives.
- Lead sourcing and procurement activities for the company in assigned Categories;
- Screen the market looking for opportunities to rightsize the relevant suppliers’ base in order to achieve finantial performance, supplier quality, supply chain efficiency, security, sustainability and technological edge to support and drive the business development;
- Interact with the internal organization to perform supply chain analysis (quality, cost and volume), engage with project teams in the development of products and source all types of direct and indirect materials and services;
- Support to the purchasing team at the operational level, namely back office activities and documentation control and update, ensuring that all the activities are done according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Degree in Chemistry or related field (Mandatory);
- Interest to know applicable portfolios and understanding of business acumen;
- Excel savvy;
- Fluent in English;
- Autonomous, dynamic, flexible and capable to work under pressure in simultaneous projects;
- Organized, accurate and responsible;
- With good communication and interpersonal relationship skills at all levels;
- With good analytical and negotiation skills;
- Competency to negotiate with internal clients.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.