Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione
is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
The mission of Global Purchasing is to support Hovione’s business strategy by developing and managing a preferred supply base that enhances the company’s sustainable competiveness advantage by procuring raw materials, indirect materials, services and assets
that exceed customer expectations in Quality, Service, Technology and Cost.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for the management of specific material categories involving the selection and procurement of direct materials or services.
- Support the purchasing daily activities, for all relevant Hovione sites in order to accomplish the company’s objectives: implement at an operational level the defined Purchasing business plan, namely supplier identification, interaction, negotiation and delivery terms definition, ensuring that all activities are done according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Source all types of direct materials and services and provide advanced supply chain analysis (quality, cost, and volumes).
- Manage and right size the relevant suppliers’ base in order to achieve the objectives of the Purchasing business plan in terms of financial performance, supplier quality, supply chain efficiency, security and sustainability.
- Manage Suppliers’ relationship (operational level), establishing solid, sustainable and reliable partnerships, according to the supplier segmentation established.
- Contribute to the definition of the annual business plan of the Purchasing area and the deployment of the purchasing strategy related to the categories under management.
- Perform regular Market analysis and benchmarking to ensure the continuous improvement in both cost and quality; as well as proactively seeking and suggesting improvement opportunities to the processes / procedures for best operational practices.
- Enable new businesses, develop and promote frequent make vs. buy analysis and trigger innovation from the supplier base.
- Liaise with other Hovione sites to ensure the right level of spend is captured, and consolidated, and economies of scale attained,
- thereby leveraging the company’s global buying power.
- Degree in Engineering, Life Sciences or other relevant educational or professional experience;
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of experience as a Buyer in organizations of similar size;
- Experience in manufacturing/industrial organization;
- Sourcing and procurement experience;
- Fluent in spoken and written English;
- Global view of the company, good knowledge of the market culture and ability to speak the market language;
- Good communication and interpersonal relationship skills at all levels, easily adapted to multi-cultural environments and with a good sense of team work;
- Autonomous, dynamic, flexible and capable to work under pressure in simultaneous projects;
- Organized, accurate and responsible;
- Good analytical and negotiation skills;
- Ability to continuously challenge the status quo, develop new concepts and break “change management barriers”.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.