Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
Process Safety - Laboratory Technician
The Process Safety – Laboratory Technician will be responsible to carry out experimental work in a laboratory related with process safety studies, namely to evaluate products thermal stability, explosivity & inflammabillity, chemical reactions calorimetry as well as other
laboratory process development and analytical tests to support the safe and robust development of industrial processes.
- Carry out laboratory experiments related to Process Safety studies and development of chemical processes following the area guidelines and the general instructions of the Scientists in charge of the project. Under a scientist supervision, prepare and execute the experimental work related with techniques preparation, software handling to control specific equipment, analytical requests, among others.
- Record the results of the laboratory experiments according to Hovione guidelines.
- Carry out the tasks related to the regular work of the area laboratories such as, order effluent disposal, equipment status, maintenance and spare parts, manage laboratory material and request raw-materials for the experiments.
- Attend training on specific areas and promote compliance on Health, Safety and Environment in the areas and activities for which is responsible or in which participates.
- High School completed preferably the courses with specific training in laboratory practices.
- Knowledge of Laboratory practices and analytical mindset.
- Proficiency in handling laboratorial equipment and glassware.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to communicate and willingness to learn and improve.
- Full time job.
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience.
- Excellent work environment in state-of-the-art facilities, with a strong focus on quality.