Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
The Pharmaceutical engineer will be responsible for the management of all Process and/or Manufacturing works/projects on site.
- To ensure the execution of the Manufacturing Plan (timelines, preparatory manufacturing tasks, documentation preparation, process flow, etc.);
- Supervise all operations directly or indirectly related to manufacturing of drug products within the manufacturing plant;
- Coordinate and supervise operators teams under his/her responsibility;
- Provide technical support and guidance to Manufacturing activities to fulfill the planned objectives and compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, product specifications and product Quality;
- Perform all the assigned tasks associated with the production batches documentation (preparation, supervision, filling, final verification) and Manufacturing logistics (raw materials, intermediate products, finished product) and interact with Warehouse,
Quality Control, R&D;
- Support Pharmaceutical Development department in their activities (development, scale-up, etc);
- Supervise and support of Qualification activities of facilities and equipment in coordination with the Qualification department;
- Provide training to all staff within the approved training program;
- Study and propose measures to optimize the manufacturing processes, contributing to the continuous improvement, productivity, efficiency and cost reduction.
- Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences or in a relevant area of study;
- Previous experience in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing activities is privileged;
- Preferably good knowledge and insight on the cGMP and Regulations;
- Good capacity for the planning, execution and coordination of all Production activities;
- Strong practical skills and the ability to solve problems;
- Result driven, team player, able to deal with multiple projects/tasks at the same time;
- Knows how to overcome problems with staff;
- Good sense of management and leadership;
- High sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Passion for science and innovation;
- Fluency in English;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Creativity, organization and discipline.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.