Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
Technical lead (RD Scientist)
Hovione is the world leader in particle engineering services for the pharmaceutical industry, namely in two key technologies: microfluidization and spray drying. The R&D Technical Lead will integrate a multidisciplinary team (with members from Quality Assurance, Analytical Chemistry, Manufacturing, Project Management).
- Communicate results to internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis;
- Write of reports, patents and scientific papers;
- Lead the development of manufacturing processes from their concept stage until their commercialization;
- Develop new technologies and products;
- Contact with customers and deal with very high value compounds from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies.
- University degree in Engineering, preferably with a PhD degree;
- Knowledge in programming languages (eg. Matlab or similar);
- Strong engineering and mathematical modeling skills to multiple scale-up steps, from grams in the lab to tons in the commercial scale;
- Ability to work autonomously, to take responsibilities;
- Scientific mindset;
- Result driven, team player, able to deal with multiple projects/tasks;
- Fluency in English;
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality;
- Career development opportunity in Research & Development.