Hovione is a 60 years Portuguese multinational company. From the beginning, we have set ourselves above and apart through our innovative technological and productive capabilities, reaching a top spot in the world market as an integrated contract development
and manufacturing organization (CDMO) offering from drug substance to drug product intermediate to drug product.
Hovione recognizes that people are the main asset for the company’s continued success, reaching over 1700 team members, from 20 different nationalities located in Portugal, US, Macao, Ireland, Hong Kong, Japan, India and Switzerland, including several production sites.
In 2019, we were recognized as the third most attractive company to work for in Portugal.
Working at Hovione means reaching for innovation and excellence in everything we do: for ourclients, our partners and, above all, our patients.
We are looking to reinforce our Automation Team at our Loures site with an Automation & Process Control Team, who will lead the process control and optimization discipline:
Automation & Process Control Team Leader (M/F)
The Automation & Process Control Team Leader is responsible for leading the process control and optimization team, while collaborating with the Equipment and Systems teams. Proactively monitors chemical process and equipment performance, collects manufacturing team feedback and leads improvements, including the execution/supervision of specifications, hardware or software implementation, tests, user manuals and training, etc. in alignment with cGMPs and HSE.
As an Automation & Process Control Team Leader you'll be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of several engineers, including proposing annual goals based on experience and user feed-back;
- Identifying process control needs , preparing process control materials, services estimation and timeline, including specifications, implementation and tests;
- Participating in engineering workflow activities as conceptual/basic design, detailed design reviews, installation reviews, handovers to user areas, as well as, equipment operational qualification;
- Training users in new process control solutions, incl. training materials development;
- Executing automation projects handover to end-user and quality assurance, while tracking process control activities and report status regularly;
- Monitoring production lines results and follow-up on automation and process control performance, supporting shop floor operations routinely;
- Following Company standards (HSE program, participate in PHA, FMEA and HAZOP; external cGMP and HSE audits; IOP, SOP; and relevant KPIs);
We are looking to recruit:
- A Candidate that enjoys leading others in achieving results in alignment with Hovione's strategy;
- A Candidate that is motivated by a manufacturing environment, with an Engineering Degree, preferably Chemical Engineering, or related to process manufacturing with an emphasis in process control and optimization;
- A Candidate that has experience in process control using solutions such as: defining equipment user interfaces, control logic, alarms and interlocks, PID tuning, electronic batch recipes, multi-variable advanced process control; Experience in quality, HSE and lean manufacturing management systems is considered a plus;
- A Candidate that enjoys solving issues and exploring improvement possibilities;
- A Candidate that has experience in MS Office tools and other programming tools (Sequential Flow Charts, Function Block diagrams, Visual Basic, Mathematical software packages, etc.);
- A Candidate that has excellent English communication skills;
- A Candidate that is available to work on-call, in short term shift work and international travels.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.