Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
Process Control Engineer (M/F)
The process control engineer will be responsible to Lead in the Process Control and optimization discipline, implementing optimization activities, such as batch recipes, which improve reproducibility and promote continuous improvement, in compliance with the cGMPs.
To Collaborate in the Equipment Automation discipline, planning and executing or supervising the implementation of new or changed installations and equipment, and prepare its users, to improve safety, quality and efficiency of industrial operations, in compliance with the cGMPs.
- Projects: collects user requests and proactively proposes process control improvements, proposes implementation plans and leads their execution, including to execute or delegate specifications, hardware or software implementation, tests, user manuals
- Maintenance: troubleshoots process control related issues, including on-call support;
- Computer systems validation: align projects and maintenance activities with company procedures, international
guidelines and regulations;
- Ensure and promote compliance with Health, Safety and Environment requirements.
- Engineering Degree, preferably Chemical Engineering, or related to industrial manufacturing with an emphasis in process control and optimization;
- Job experience in process control using solutions such as: defining equipment control logic, alarms and interlocks, PID tuning, electronic batch recipes, multi-variable advanced process control;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken;
- Skilled in computerized systems - MS office tools and programming tools for:
- Automation systems: Sequential Flow Charts, Function Block diagrams;
- Computer systems: Visual Basic, Mathematical software packages.
- Skilled in document organization and presentation;
- Skilled in logical / abstract thinking, root cause analysis / problem-solving;
- Skilled in project management methods and tools;
- Able to succeed in a goal-oriented multi-disciplinary work team.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on efficiency, quality and rigor.