Hovione is an international company with over 55 years' experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Cork site:
The Production Operator will be responsible for the safe running, cleaning and handover of process equipment/areas to produce product within the correct quality specifications, in accordance with cGMP and operational standards/procedures.
Production Operator (M/F)
- Organisation and execution of the Production activities;
- Fulfil GMP and HSEE best practices;
- To execute all Production activities following the applicable procedures;
- Propose changes to improve/optimize the area performance;
- To be responsible for the equipment operation, cleaning and organization of the installations that are under their responsibility;
- To participate in the shift handover and in Top5 meetings;
- Identify and report problems, and when possible create notifications to Maintenance;
- To suggest improvements in the area;
- Ensure the equipment is verified/calibrated before use;
- To assure the correct identification and use of the equipment (labels, status board, logbooks);
- To sample intermediates and final products and in-process checks;
- To carry-out simple maintenance operations;
- To guarantee the correct fill in of the documentation (e.g.: batch records and logbooks);
- To manage correctly all the Production tasks in SAP and LIMS;
- FTo maintain the Individual Safety Equipment in proper conditions;
- To use correctly the computer tools (Outlook, SAP, LIMS and CDOC);
- To collaborate in the revision of the documentation (IOPs, others);
- To collaborate in the internal/external audits/inspections;
- To participate in the continuous training of the new Operators (Production, GMP, HSEE);
- To collaborate in the integration of the members transferred from other areas;
- To complete self-evaluations and the evaluation of team members under their responsibility.
- Leaving Certificate or Mechanical Trade;
- Strong ability for the execution and coordination of all Production activities;
- Ability to organise, take initiative and make decisions;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to train newer team members.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.