Hovione is an international company with over 55 years' experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Cork site:
The Quality Control Analyst will be responsible for carrying out analytical testing on Raw Materials, In-Process Materials and Finished Products; and for providing technical support as required by management.
QC Analyst (QC)
- Analyse Raw Materials, In-Process Materials and Finished Products;
- To maintain all laboratory notebooks, records, chromatograms to an acceptable GLP standard;
- To maintain good housekeeping and hygiene within the laboratory;
- To maintain and follow all relevant Standard Operating procedures;
- To calibrate and maintain designated laboratory instruments;
- To support the laboratory testing schedule in order to achieve an efficient QC system;
- To bring to the notice of the Team Leaders, Manager or Director any discrepancies, deviations or non-conformance's in testing or work practice;
- To follow up to date analytical practices with reference to specifications, regulations and industry standards;
- Liaise with other departments in relation to QC dispatch/testing;
- To liaise with external suppliers/vendors in relation to QC consumables;
- Ensuring compliance with cGMP , EHS, GxP etc. guidelines at all times;
- Assist with audits/investigations as required;
- Generation/Reporting of key performance indicators for the group;
- To develop areas of expertise in analytical testing in order to solve technical issues.
- Third Level Science Qualification and 3 years equivalent work experience or a Master's or PhD degree in a Science related field and at least 1 year equivalent work experience;
- Pharmaceutical experience in a GMP regulated laboratory environment;
- Good communications skills;
- Flexibility is essential (willingness to work shift patterns as required by business needs);
- Proven ability to work on own initiative;
- PC skills MS Word, Excel etc.;
- Proven technical ability in laboratory systems.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.