Hovione is an international company with over 55 years experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Loures site:
Modelling Scientist (M/F)
The Modelling Scientist will provide technical leadership and support transversal modelling activities in drug product development projects from particle engineering to formulation. He will also continuously promote innovation and knowledge development within the company
keeping up to date with the latest developments in Particle Design/Engineering, Process and Formulation Development. Furthermore they will promote the company internationally through presentations at international conferences and to customers,and through patents and written articles.”
- Planning & tracking of laboratory activities;
- Support maintenance of lab process trains;
- Support introduction of new technologies and innovation;
- Computational formulation and solubilization platform screening;
- QbD model development;
- Troubleshooting lab & production units based on modeling and CFD/DEM/FEM.
- Phd degree in the field of Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, or similar);
- Good teamwork and leadership skills;
- Experience in equipment design, fabrication and implementation are a plus;
- Experience in modeling, programing or CFD/FEM are a plus;
- Analytically minded with good problem solving skills;
- Fluency in English (written and spoken);
- Result driven, team player;
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent workenvironment, with a strong focus on quality.