Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
Formulation Development Scientist (M/F)
The Formulation Development Scientist will provide technical leadership and coordination of multiple projects in formulation development. He will also continuously promote innovation and knowledge development within the company keeping up to date with the latest developments in Formulation Development. Furthermore he will promote the company internationally through presentations at international conferences and to customers, and through patents and written articles.
- Scientific lead of multiple formulation projects making use of state-of-the-art tools and methodologies;
- Plan, supervise and execute formulation development activities;
- Plan and support tech transfers, development, registration and validation campaigns;
- Prepare and manage documentation (procedures, materials, equipment, development and campaign
- Develop new tools and methodologies for formulation development and scale-up;
- Provide scientific and technical support for key stakeholders;
- Comply with the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and HSEE directives;
- Keep updated of relevant occurrences and trends that impact the business.
- Pharmaceutical background, preferentially with a PhD or relevant work experience in formulation development;
- Strong knowledge in formulation development, preferentially with experience in inhalation (DPI, MDI, Nasal). Know-how in aseptic suspensions as a plus;
- Experience in taking new formulations through clinical phases to commercial launch is a big plus;
- Good understanding of USFDA regulatory requirements;
- Sound understanding of analytical methods (chemical, solid state and performance);
- Fluent use of English (written and spoken). Having international experience is a plus;
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Pragmatic, resilient, proactive, creative, innovative and with high ethical standards.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.