Hovione is an international company with over 55 years’ experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Lumiar site:
Process Safety - Laboratory Technician (M/F)
The Process Safety – Laboratory Technician will be responsible to carry out experimental work in a laboratory related with process
safety studies, namely to evaluate products thermal stability, explosivity & inflammabillity, chemical reactions calorimetry as well as other
laboratory process development and analytical tests to support the safe and robust development of industrial processes.
- Carry out laboratory experiments related to Process Safety studies and development of chemical processes following the area guidelines and the general instructions of the Scientists in charge of the project. Following scientists guidelines prepare the experimental work taking care of bureaucratic steps such as technique preparation, software instructions for some of the equipment, SAP orders, analytical requests, etc.
- Record the results of the laboratory experiments according to Hovione guidelines.
- Carry out the tasks related to the regular work of the area laboratories (ex.: order lab material and spare parts, SAP notifications, effluent disposal, equipment status and maintenance, order of laboratory material or request of raw-materials for the experiments);
- Attend training on Process Safety, Chemistry, Process Development, HSE and Quality.Assure and promote compliance on Health, Safety and Environment in the areas and activities for which is responsible or in which participates.
- High School completed preferably the courses with specific training in laboratory practices;
- Knowledge of Laboratory practices and analytical mindset;
- Proficiency in handling laboratorial equipment and glassware;
- Fluent in English;
- Ability to communicate and willingness to learn and improve.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.