Hovione is an international company with over 55 years' experience in the development and compliant manufacture of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Product Intermediates. With four FDA inspected sites in Portugal, the U.S., Ireland and China, Hovione offers integrated API, particle design, formulation development and GMP manufacturing. In the inhalation area, Hovione is the only independent company offering such a broad range of services.
To reinforce our team we are looking to fill the following position at our Cork site:
The Analytical Chemist will provide analytical support to all projects guaranteeing that development analytical tasks are accomplished within the time frame defined and according with the scope and GMP requirements.
Analytical Chemist (QC)
- Analytical support to new projects, activities related to analytical development, validation and/or transfer work for projects;
- Ensure that technical transfer analytical tasks are accomplished within the timeframe defined and in accordance with the scope and cGMP requirements;
- Generation of documentation to support the introduction of new products from external customers (protocols, reports, methods and specifications);
- Improve knowledge in Analytical Chemistry area in terms of new technologies and new methodologies;
- To maintain all laboratory notebooks and records as per GMP and in accordance with the Quality System in place;
- To calibrate and maintain designated laboratory instruments;
- To support the laboratory testing schedule in order to create an efficient QC operational function;
- To highlight any deviations or non-conformance's in testing or work practice;
- Liaise with other departments and external customers;
- To adhere and ensure all safety requirements and expectations are met;
- Participate in Laboratory audits e.g. Regulatory /Customer;
- Interpret analytical results and resolve technical and/or operational problems and provide technical advice and support to analysts.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial experience in a GMP regulated chemistry laboratory;
- Third Level Degree in Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry or other related qualification is required as a minimum;
- Excellent knowledge of GC, HPLC (UPLC experience would be an advantage);
- A good knowledge of wet chemistry, Karl Fisher, FTIR, particle size analysis desirable;
- Excellent Communication skills both written and oral;
- Results driven, positive attitude, team player, able to deal with multiple projects/tasks simultaneously;
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity at all times;
- Analytical skills and ability to make decisions under pressure;
- Flexibility is essential (willingness to work shift patterns as required by business needs);
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Excellent computer skills e.g. MS Word, Excel;
- Experience with LIMS and Empower is desirable.
- Full time opportunity;
- Remuneration and social benefits adjusted to the job function and matching the experience;
- Excellent work environment, with a strong focus on quality.